Loss of Cervical Lordosis (LCL) usually results from some kind of whiplash injury which could happen in childhood or in later years. It’s quite common since your neck is relatively slender with a big head on top and a relatively thick body below. As you might imagine, it’s most common in people who have a long neck.
LCL is a serious problem as it causes collapse of the mid cervical spine which in turn chokes off the spinal cord and so the healing power to the whole of your body.
First, get clear on why these corrective exercises are so important. It’s a lot of work so you need to know why you’d bother if you’re going to be consistent:
- Fantastic 4 Exercises – probably all of them but especially neck extensions and boats.
- 3-Second Technique for Perfect Posture – Especially sternum up, chin up.
- Cervical Extension Traction aka “The Wedge” – to remodel your thoracic spine
- Cervical Extension – any time you feel the need.
You should already be doing the first two. Now, how to do the others…
Cervical Extension Traction – “The Wedge”
For remodelling your cervical spine (neck). We will show you the perfect place to put the wedge based on your x-rays. Just check at your next adjustment to make sure you have it right. You’ll need a traction wedge to do this exercise. You can get one from us for just $20.
Cervical Extension Exercise
Remember, do them every day! Make them part of your new normal and every year your spine alignment will get better and you will get healthier.
Strength and traction: Once a day (more if you want faster results – up to 5 times per day)
Cervical Extension Exercise: say 10 times per day
Posture:10-50 times per day
Some ideas of Parallel activities:
- Watch TV
- Prayer time
- Ask your children how their day has been
- Play on your phone/ catch up on social news (facebook)
- Read a book
- Call someone and talk on the phone