Forward Head Posture (FHP) is common in our modern world due to people being in a hurry and peering into computer screens. It’s a serious problem as it causes collapse of the lower cervical spine which in turn chokes off the spinal cord and so the healing power to the whole of your body. First, get clear on why these corrective exercises are so important. It’s a lot of work so you need to know why you’d bother if you’re going to be consistent:
- Fantastic 4 Exercises – probably all of them but especially neck extensions and boats.
- 3-Second Technique for Perfect Posture – Especially sternum up, chin up.
- Cervical Extension Traction – to remodel your cervical spine (neck)
- Minus-Z Cervical Extension – any time you feel the need.
You should already be doing the first two. Now, how to do the others…
Cervical Extension Traction
For remodelling your cervical spine (neck). We will show you the perfect place to put the traction wedge based on your x-rays. Just check at your next adjustment to make sure you have it right. You’ll need a traction wedge to do this exercise. You can get one from us for just $20.
Minus-Z Cervical Extension
Remember, do them every day! Make them part of your new normal and every year your spine alignment will get better and you will get healthier. Strength and traction: Once a day (more if you want faster results – up to 5 times per day) Minus-Z Cervical Extension: say 10 times per day Posture:10-50 times per day
Some ideas of Parallel activities:
- Prayer time
- Ask your children how their day has been
- Watch TV
- Play on your phone/ catch up on social news (facebook)
- Read a book
- Call someone and talk on the phone